Select the week of the season for your team's grade.
Please note, Mass Youth Soccer is overhauling the process for checking the background of all individuals who want to be youth soccer coaches in Massachusetts. In the past, coaches were asked to fill out an on-line CORI Information Form. This form is no longer being used. Below is a step by step procedure that you, your youth soccer organization, and Mass youth Soccer need to follow.
The Registrar and the CORI Submitter Michele Diloreto of your youth soccer organization or association will collect your profile information (first name, last name, date of birth and email address). It is critical that you give the Registrar and/or CORI Submitter of your organization your correct and current email address.
Once they have collected the information, they will send it in to Mass Youth Soccer.
Mass Youth Soccer will create a profile for you in our new automation platform. Our automation platform is called "Korrio".
Once we create your Korrio profile, we will alert you by email that your profile is up and running and you will receive instructions on how to log into Korrio to look at your profile.
You will then log in to Korrio to make sure all of your profile information is correct.
Once you have determined that all of your profile information is correct, you will need to sign our new Background Check Authorization Form. This form will give Mass Youth Soccer permission to run a background check on you and permission to view the results of that check.
If you have any questions you may contact the Registrar and/or the CORI Submitter of your youth soccer organization or association or Kate Murphy.
All Coaches who have note yet received their G license have the option to take their G License training online.
Click here to take the G course online, or to review other options for taking the course.
For information about other license courses, click below:
Holden Youth Soccer's new and growing library of Books, Pamphlets, and Videos is being put together with the idea of helping the Parent/Coach become more familiar with "The Game" and how to teach it to kids. The Library contains information for the Beginning Coach and the Advancing Coach, the U6 Coach and the U18 Coach, the Girls Coach and the Boys Coach.
New books and videos are being added on a regular basis. Our Director of Coaching and Coach Education Director will assist you in putting together the appropriate resources. Resource loans are limited to a two-week period so that as many volunteers as possible can take advantage of their benefits.
For more information, or to Borrow Library Items, please feel free to email our Director of Special Projects, Howie Blatt.
- Coaching Youth Soccer/Ages 6-9 - USYSA Parent/Coach Series (Booklet & Video)
- Soccer and It's Rules - A Basic Guide (Pamphlet)
- How To Coach Very Young Players - Fun Games and Basic Skills (Video)
- Understanding the Youth Soccer Player/Ages 6-12 (Video)
- U6 & U8 Activity Aids for the Parent/Coach (Booklet)
- Coaching Youth Soccer/Ages 6-9 - Parent/Coach Primer (Booklet)
- Micro Soccer - The Secret of Coaching 6, 7, and 8 Year Olds (Book & Video)
- Soccer Games from The Soccer Academy - Ages 5-9 (Video)
- U10 Activity Aids for the Parent/Coach (Booklet)
Intermediate and Advancing
- Coaching Youth Soccer/The U12 Player - USYSA Parent/Coach Series (Booklet)
- U12 Activity Aids for the Parent/Coach (Booklet)
- Soccer Games from The Soccer Academy - Ages 10 & Up (Video)
- FUNdamental Soccer Series - Practice/Tactics/Goalkeeping (3 Books)
- Training Girls and Women to Win - Progressive Training Methods for Youth and Advanced Players (3 Videos)
- Success in Soccer - Techniques and Tactics for Developing the Serious Player (2 Books - 4 Videos)
- Tactical Games - Developing Team Play (Video)
- Tactical Games - For Attacking & Defending The Goal (Video)
- All The Right Moves - To Beat and Get Past Your Opponent (Video)