Select the week of the season for your team's grade.
Potential coaches need to do these 3 things...
1. Register as a coach with HYS www.holdenyouthsoccer.org
2. Send the Registrar Michele Diloreto a copy of your driver's license (for the CORI file)
3. Complete the CORI form at MA Youth Soccer's website.
HYS will be notified of your clearance and Mass Youth will contact you ONLY if there is an issue.
All Coaches who have note yet received their G license have the option to take their G License training online.
Click here to take the G course online, or to review other options for taking the course.
For information about other license courses, click below:
Holden Youth Soccer's new and growing library of Books, Pamphlets, and Videos is being put together with the idea of helping the Parent/Coach become more familiar with "The Game" and how to teach it to kids. The Library contains information for the Beginning Coach and the Advancing Coach, the U6 Coach and the U18 Coach, the Girls Coach and the Boys Coach.
New books and videos are being added on a regular basis. Our Director of Coaching and Coach Education Director will assist you in putting together the appropriate resources. Resource loans are limited to a two-week period so that as many volunteers as possible can take advantage of their benefits.
For more information, or to Borrow Library Items, please feel free to email our Director of Special Projects, Howie Blatt.
- Coaching Youth Soccer/Ages 6-9 - USYSA Parent/Coach Series (Booklet & Video)
- Soccer and It's Rules - A Basic Guide (Pamphlet)
- How To Coach Very Young Players - Fun Games and Basic Skills (Video)
- Understanding the Youth Soccer Player/Ages 6-12 (Video)
- U6 & U8 Activity Aids for the Parent/Coach (Booklet)
- Coaching Youth Soccer/Ages 6-9 - Parent/Coach Primer (Booklet)
- Micro Soccer - The Secret of Coaching 6, 7, and 8 Year Olds (Book & Video)
- Soccer Games from The Soccer Academy - Ages 5-9 (Video)
- U10 Activity Aids for the Parent/Coach (Booklet)
Intermediate and Advancing
- Coaching Youth Soccer/The U12 Player - USYSA Parent/Coach Series (Booklet)
- U12 Activity Aids for the Parent/Coach (Booklet)
- Soccer Games from The Soccer Academy - Ages 10 & Up (Video)
- FUNdamental Soccer Series - Practice/Tactics/Goalkeeping (3 Books)
- Training Girls and Women to Win - Progressive Training Methods for Youth and Advanced Players (3 Videos)
- Success in Soccer - Techniques and Tactics for Developing the Serious Player (2 Books - 4 Videos)
- Tactical Games - Developing Team Play (Video)
- Tactical Games - For Attacking & Defending The Goal (Video)
- All The Right Moves - To Beat and Get Past Your Opponent (Video)